Trigger Tech Triggers for Remington 700

gunaddict

I am thinking about buying a couple for up coming builds. Anyone using them?
Pros?
Cons?
I did read the review from Broz on Longe Range Only .

I have not personally used a trigger tech trigger however I did hear directly from some folks I trust (Stiller actions) that they have been having a lot of luck with this trigger and like it alot. They still offer Jewell as their primary part but that seems to be a thumbs up from a reputable source.

I've been using one, and I'm not impressed. No adjustment for creep or over travel. It will not adjust lighter than 1.5 lb pull. When the trigger breaks, it feels mushy with some weird side movement. Tried it in several custom actions, and there was no change in feel.
Gave it to a friend who is a 10 time NRA long range world champ, and he said the same thing.
Save a few extra dollars, and buy the Jewel.

I've been using one, and I'm not impressed. No adjustment for creep or over travel. It will not adjust lighter than 1.5 lb pull. When the trigger breaks, it feels mushy with some weird side movement. Tried it in several custom actions, and there was no change in feel.
Gave it to a friend who is a 10 time NRA long range world champ, and he said the same thing.
Save a few extra dollars, and buy the Jewel.

Joel, I suggest you give one of their "special triggers" a try before you give up. Mine will go well under 1 lb. But I don't run them there as the trigger tech will feel lighter than other triggers set at the same weight. I have never felt the "mushy break" and for sure never any side movement. I wonder if the one you have has an issue? I have been running these triggers for over a year now, on many rifles, with 100% satisfaction. My new 30 nosler has one as well. I will agree that it is a little different feel than a jewel, but they do a great job for us. Not going to say it is a better trigger than a jewel, but it for sure is more dependable as far as dirty environments, and better suited for hunting rifles in my opinion.

Jeff

Jeff,
That's fair enough. I should have stated that I was using the "primary" trigger and not the "special" trigger.
I'll grab one and see how it feels.

Jeff,
That's fair enough. I should have stated that I was using the "primary" trigger and not the "special" trigger.
I'll grab one and see how it feels.

Please re-read my post as well, as I was editing to add clarification and got a call while you posted. I feel you may have a faulty trigger. I trust your opinion and I can't explain your bad experience any other way.

Thank you

Jeff

I have two trigger tech triggers on my stiller tac 30's rem 700 clone actions and not sure on the model but they go Down to 1lb and are perfect. I also have huber and they are good also but the trigger tech for the $$$ is great value. Never had creep or hassles with mine and both have done about 500 rounds each

I have three of them, two from the pre-order before they were released. All three function very well, and the feel is at least the equivalent of a timney 510. Mine are very crisp, with almost no movement.
A Jewel may be a better trigger, but the TT is a good option if you live north of the border, as its at least $100 less than a jewel.

Can anyone tell me the difference between the regular trigger and the special? I realize you can set one to a lighter weight, but is that the only difference?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.