trigger pull & saftey

ricka0

GoodGroup wrote: [ QUOTE ]
<font color="purple"> I then tickled the 1.5 ounce trigger and sent the Matchking on the way. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Now GG has tons of experience and really knows what he's doing. I grew up on 5 lb trigger pull factory rifles. When I sent my RUMS to Kirby I told him to make the 1.5 oz or something ridiculous. Kirby explained what he could do with the factory trigger (my non BC perfect scale came in about 7 lbs original) I think he said he made it 2.5 POUNDS, not oz. That's about what I measure IIRC.

To my amazement, it feels to my fingers like 1.5 oz. I considered the gun <font color="red"> DANGEROUS </font> for me until I got used to it. I've been practicing with blanks and I now think I'm safe with it. I would not want a trigger with less pull for a hunting rifle.

So when wildcat mentioned a 2oz trigger alarm bells went off. Hopefully you have a rational smith (like Kirby) that helps you select a good gun. If Kirby had built what I asked for I would have a 5" thick - 48" long barrel with a 1.5 oz trigger as a hunting gun.

I'm not wildcat but I think the 2oz trigger is for his version of the M.O.A.G that he's having built. At 60 pounds I dont think he will be packing it in the woods for feehand shots! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.