Trigger Job on a 597

MTNRaine

I just bought a new remmy 597 "yellowjacket" and I really like the gun and was wondering if any of you know how or if it is possible to do a trigger job on this gun, the trigger is crisp and clean but it breaks really heavy. also if you could recommend some cheap to midgrade ammo that you've had good luck with, so i can get max accuracy. So far though the gun feels like an extension of me and i can nail gophers repeatedly at 50 yds:D
All advice is welcome!
Thanx

I bought the Volquartsen hammer for my 597, and the pull is now around 2 lbs. Most places (Midway) sell this for around $30, and it actually does drop in. Check out Remington - RimfireCentral.com Forums for lots of good information on the 597. People have made all sorts of mods, and there are a few people who have done their own trigger jobs.

Lots of ammo tests also. I shoot the 39gr minimags.

The Volquartson trigger works, although it's a bit creepy. Still much better than the stock trigger. I use Wolf ammo, try the Match Target and Match Extra.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.