Tried out the new Phone Skope last night

Cruizin

Thought you guys might like this. I picked up a Phone Skope for my Samsung Galaxy S4 and here is a video of a 3 shot group at 970 yards.

Specs on this set up:

Swarovski spotting scope 20-60x80mm
Phone Skope for Samsung Galaxy S4
Alpine Gunworks Chassis
243 20" barrel shooting 105 grain Berger at 2850fps
Vortex Viper PST 4-16X50mm

Turn up the quality to 1080 and go full screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
How did you like it? I have been wanting one for my iPhone 5...But waiting till I order my new spotting scope first.

Thinking I'll go with the vortex Viper HD 20-60x80, since I can't afford much more than that.

Anybody got any experiences with that scope good or bad?

Am I the only one that noticed all of those bullets hit the exact same spot?? that was either some amazing shooting or you looped the same shot 3 times? very cool phone video too!

No looping going on there. That rock is about 36" wide and I bet that group would of been 2 or 3". I really like it though, its more affordable and lighter than a nice camera and all the other stuff for digiscoping. I bought an adaptor that fits my scope very snug and I like it but you have to pull it on and off before putting the scope away. I bought the new C4 adaptor and it should be here in a few days. The C4 doesn't look like it will be as stable, but in good conditions it might be the way to go. With the quality of these phones these days and the fact that I always have my phone since it has Shooter on it these Phone Skope kits make a lot of sense.

glad you liked it, i am waiting on mine to get made and sent. i am getting a smaller version of their universal attachment. i hope to use it for making videos of coyote hunting, long range shooting and scouting trips.

Just wanted to give an update on this product. The video was filmed with the C3 adaptor for my Swaro and I decided to try the C4 universal adaptor. The C4 arrived yesterday and I tried it out. It works but it takes more adjustment, isn't as stable, and I could imagine if the wind was blowing it would make the image not as clear. For me it leaves some to be desired, but I'm pretty picky about my gear. Just an FYI

Cruzin,

Hints and a question.

What if, the scope was directly behind the shooter in line with the flight path?

Have you come across an app that allows for remotely starting the video such as shouting at the darn thing or a wifi/bluetooth gizmo.

I think I found an iPhone app that also has a reticle of some sort. Can't find any details on it though and can't recall the name.

I'm using a DIY adapter between a Nikon XL-II and a Cannon point and shoot. Had to adapt a cable shutter release to keep from having to touch the thing.

Works pretty well but you system seems much better. Especially the glass.:)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.