Trial & Error

I have no idea what happened in your case, but locktite really has no place in a good scope mount. Torqued with a torque wrench, and good rings are enough.
I'm going to partially disagree and leave it at that. Plenty of other threads that debate this topic w/o this into another one.

I'm going to partially disagree and leave it at that. Plenty of other threads that debate this topic w/o this into another one.
I would not push back on your response and would love to hear how your experience is different than mine. I could learn something.

I have no idea what happened in your case, but locktite really has no place in a good scope mount. Torqued with a torque wrench, and good rings are enough.
We'll have to agree to disagree. IME (sample of one person), blue locktite minimizes if not outright prevents recoil from loosening rings AND mounts. 15-18 inch pounds really isn't that much. I can twist down MUCH tighter than that (marking the tubes) with just average hand strength. And the wrench prevents breaking 6x mount screws - which oughta be 8x.

No need with blue loctite & I use my Fat Wrench to hit the same (appropriate) values repeatedly on action screws, bases, rings, etc. YMMV.

We'll have to agree to disagree. IME (sample of one person), blue locktite minimizes if not outright prevents recoil from loosening rings AND mounts. 15-18 inch pounds really isn't that much. I can twist down MUCH tighter than that (marking the tubes) with just average hand strength. And the wrench prevents breaking 6x mount screws - which oughta be 8x.

No need with blue loctite & I use my Fat Wrench to hit the same (appropriate) values repeatedly on action screws, bases, rings, etc. YMMV.
What rings? If they loosen, is the ring thin?

I would not push back on your response and would love to hear how your experience is different than mine. I could learn something.

What I've posted in the recent past on the topic: