Treestand hunting with Tac 15

Broken Bow

I have been thinking of getting the Tac 15 but I'm concern if its not any good for treestand hunting it may not be for me because I treestand hunt a lot. Has anyone used it in a treestand?

Hunting in a tree stand is great with my tac 15i .
Just remember to grip the pull up string good.
I lock and load once up in my stand and also unload
before going down. Works great with shooting bar.

I've killed about 60 deer with the Tac15 from a climbing tree-stand.

Key things are two:
1) An adjustable rail.
2) Forward pistol grip.

Adjust the rail so that the bottom of the grip can be rested on the rail for longer shots, and the bottom of the crossbow can be rested on the rail for closer shots.

Hope that helps!

Thanks Twanger, some good info 2 of my ladder stands have shooting rails, 2 of my climbers I have are gunslingers I really like them better than any climber I have ever used, you face the tree I guess I would have to use my knee pod for them.

Jim:)

Adjust the rail so that the bottom of the grip can be rested on the rail for longer shots, and the bottom of the crossbow can be rested on the rail for closer shots.
We have used a monopod (Primo Trigger Stick) that is quickly adjusted up/down with it's trigger to support TAC 15 in tree stands.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.