transfered post

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Michael Eichele, Jan 11, 2004.

1. Michael Eichele

Michael Eichele Well-Known Member

[ 02-22-2004: Message edited by: meichele ]

2. David P. Herne

David P. Herne Well-Known Member

Mike,
    Damnation! That's a beaute!!! I'm so proud of you! And I'm soooooo green with envy! Now don't skimp on a taxidermist.

Incidentally, I found your comments about the frustrations of hunting game like moose and bear reflective of the very reasons why I've gotten to the point where I care little for hunting whitetail deer (i.e. if you do stumble onto them, it's practically in a literal sense).

Best,
    Dave

[ 01-11-2004: Message edited by: Houston Boy ]

3. Michael Eichele

HB,

Trust me I use a very good taxidermist. He does real life like work. A true artisan.

Thanx for the compliment! [​IMG]

[ 01-11-2004: Message edited by: meichele ]

4. RBrowning

RBrowning Well-Known Member

WOW!
    And to think that you call that fun!

Congratulations on the great experience. I hope you get a chance to repeat it someday, especially along side your buddy.

5. Brent

Brent Well-Known Member

Damn!! I guess there was more to that story!!

And I thought getting my last bear up at treeline was a bitch, you put that hunt in perspective!!

Congrats Michael!! [​IMG]

6. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

Oh, my muscles ache just reading this. I have hunted Dall's sheep in the Wrangell mountains and know a little of what you went through. Twice I was skunked when I had to quit hunting very early because of knee problems. Both were horseback hunts and the big, broad-backed horses loosened up my knee parts and then when I hiked they got dangerously sore so I had to quit.

I sure respect and envy what you did. Nice job!

7. Michael Eichele

Trust me! I dont want to repeat that hunt! It was rewarding, but.... Its awfull hard on a guys back and knees. I am starting to guide for sheep this up and coming august. I will have to get into MAJOR shape by then. Hopefully I will help some guys get some nicer ones and have even better stories to write. [​IMG]

Len, who was your guide? Also were you on the Nebesna side or the MCarthy side? Did you see ant sheep or better yet any rams?

[ 01-12-2004: Message edited by: meichele ]

8. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

We hunted with Terry Overly, which side I don't know. We saw lots of sheep but no legal rams. My son continued hunting when I had to quit. He worked his butt off for 7 days, drew down on one ram at 550 yards. Not quite legal.

9. dbhostler

dbhostler Well-Known Member

Very nice story Michael. What touches me is not the find of a this trophy animal but the greater find of a brother, Charlie. May you both live long and spend much time together.
    db