MDGC1112.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 82
  • MDGC1125.jpg
    MDGC1125.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 94
I thought it wierd his foot was missing
cant think why it would be missing
I have a hard time telling how big they are
Not alot of bears hitting the bait site Its preaty high I think most are still lower and will move up as the weather gets worse
retiredcpo

Im guess from the ground to the back is about 2 ft but dont really know how that figures into size
We where figuring anything over the second rib in the barrel was good enough.
That missing leg looks like a old injury but does not seam to bother him

Hmm, a 3 legged bear, a cinnimon bear, & Is that a wolf in the third pic? Life is good and options appear unique, & plenty.
I don't know what kind of trail cam your using, but it takes beautiful pictures. Wow!
If you could get them right next to the bbl, the 2nd ring up is a decent way to judge a shooter, but from a short distance away from it they can look bigger due to depth perception. In that case look at the ears. If they're tall and pointy, & appear to be on top of his head, its a smaller bear, but if they're small, rounded, & on the sides of his head, Shoot.
Awesome pics. Thanks for posting them!

Winmag
In the pic with three foot walking away hes only about a twoo foot from the barrel
He seams ok border line. Just may have to shoot him just so i can say i shoot a three legged bear. Would like to get a look see if I can figure out what happened.
Not sure if its a wolf or a yote kind of looks small for a wolf but could be a young one hes tracks are alittle smaller than a apple.
I think most of the big ones are still down low. this bait site is around 6000 ft
The camera is a mouletree I could get you the model if you like. Its in a steal box I built to fit it to keep the bears from eating it
Retiredcpo

Im guessing that three foot is about 5foot and about 125 lbs about 6-7 years old
Im guessing the cinnimon to be a bit smaller.
Not sure If I would shoot either (three foot will be tempting) I wll have a green horn with me tomarrow and he will probably shoot But im sure what ever will taste good.
retiredcpo

Went back to the site for one day
seams this one who appears to be bigger has run the three legged one off.
Restocked the site with 100 lbs of dog food and 100 lbs of peaches.
My buddies will be camping on the site for three day see of we can get on shot.

Attachments

• MDGC0034.jpg
    MDGC0034.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 97
The trail camera is a moultree I40 camera in a steel box I built for it to keep the bears from eating it
retiredcpo

That last bear is a definite shooter! Hope you guys drop him.

Moultrie makes a good cam for the money; I have the I60. Wouldn't use it for deer but it's great for bait stations.

Why would you not use it for deer?
never used on for anything other than bait site
allways wanted to but not sure how
f
I did throw it up on a trail once got one pic of a elk walking by and a few bears
retiredcpo

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.