• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Trade my Canjar set trigger for Jewell- rem 700

hemiallen

Looking to trade my Rem 700 Canjar set trigger ( wide shoe, set blade) with early type safety ( locks bolt) for a Jewell with safety.

I am told you can cut the blade off the safety to work on current rem 700's, but I hate to modify an old Canjar, and I prefer the Jewell after trying them.

Not interested in selling outright, unless your offering replacement $ so I can buy a new Jewell.

Thanks

Allen

How much is a new Jewell? How used is your trigger?

Cheapest Jewell

Item Number: JT-01
Model: HVRTSBR-A
Price: $215.00

Trigger is very nice condition, standard can be set below a pound, and the set function set easily at 8 oz with more adjustment for a lighter pull.

I think the Canjars are better than a Jewell, but my son has a different opinion and doesn't like the trigger, and his is the only Remington I have with the old style safety block and I don't want to modify it.

Thank you

Allen

Where are you located? I might do this but I'm not willing to commit without seeing your trigger. I was intending to go to the Tulsa gun show this coming weekend and one of the things I was going to look for was a trigger like yours.

West coast.

I can get the gun from my son tomorrow evening and take it out and shoot you pictures also if that works.

Thanks

Allen

Did you buy it new or used? Has the trigger ever had any modifications or is it in the original condition?

Second owner.

I bought it maybe 1 year ago, seller said he bought it new, used it for maybe 100 rds and took it off and forgot about it until doing a cleanup when he sold it to me.

It looked to me to be as he said, low useage. My son hasn't fired it but 2- 5 shot groups, I changed his 223 out to a Jewell this weekend and he likes it better.

Thanks

Allen

With that history a picture wouldn't satisfy me. I would want to examine it before deciding if I wanted it. Since you are so far away I guess I'm not interested.

Thanks for your interest.

I am going to hold onto it until a trade is offered, or I find a used Jewell and then sell this outright.

Allen

Last edited:
Got the gun in hand, adjusted the first stage a little lighter than I sent it off with my son....

And have decided to keep it.

Y'all who have never tried a Canjar, are missing out. I dislike the wide shoe compared to my Jewells, but this trigger is IMHO crisper than a Jewell.

Sorry, pulled as a for sale item, back for trade only. Someone has a jewell they would trade for a Canjar set trigger,,, somewhere.lol

Allen

How's those Jewell triggers, did you ever trade your Canjar for one. I have to agree those Jewells are sweet but I'm partial to the Canjars too.