Tracking Point

Kanga69

The new precision guided fire arm. Shot it today at their unveiling. 750yds, target moving 6 mph, left to right, 6mph cross wind, and I was two for two with their 338 LM. I dont care what you say, that was freaking cool.

There is some very cool stuff coming. Keep watching! They know they need to get something more affordable and its coming. This company is truly light years ahead of the game and will continue to impress and deliver! Even the Governor got to come out and play a little.

Very cool stuff........... wonder how long before the game/fish folks start working to outlaw it?

Def cool...
But what the weapon system cannot do, is compensate for variations in wind direction and velocity at points downrange.
You can only input windspeed and direction at the rifle, just like any ballistics program. But there's no reading mirage, no ability to adjust for the fact that the wind may be blowing in several speeds-and directions- on the way to the target 1000 yards away. Some days, not a big deal....others, a very big deal.

The 1000 yard range I frequent has very high berms, and the wind swirls inside this long "ditch" with significant downdrafts making wind calls very challenging sometimes.

Some things, still, are beyond the capability of ballisitcs programs and computers...and shooter skill still trumps.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.