Totally unbelieveable.......

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by NYLES, Jan 3, 2007.

1. NYLES

NYLES Well-Known Member

Three weeks ago I killed a 10 point whitetail, only problem is he had broken off the right side fighting(yea, that made him a 6). Back to the unbeliveable part, yesterday property owner decided to hunt a ladderstand that rarely gets used in a clearcut that is so thick youd wonder how the deer travel around in it. On his way he just happens to look down and there it was the other side of "My Broken Buck"(still missing the G4).

The odds of this are like....... well go figure.......Ive found some shed antlers in my life but never a broken one....im still in AMAZEMENT! He still has a broken G4 but now I have a place to look around for it! I'll take a 150 inches anyway I get em! Maybe Ill be lucky a get him all put back togehter! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

They look a lot better with two sides, congrats on the find.

3. 41mag

41mag Well-Known Member

GReat find, and even if the last one stays hidden, it will give him more character.

4. Fiftydriver

Fiftydriver <strong>Official LRH Sponsor</strong>

Pics!!! We want pics!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kirby Allen(50)

5. Triggernosis

Triggernosis Well-Known Member

Wow, that's good karma, dude!
    You're the kinda guy I'd like to hang out with. Ever try your hand at the tables in Vegas?

6. NYLES

NYLES Well-Known Member

Tell me how to post a pic and I will!

7. Chawlston

Chawlston Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    Wow, that's good karma, dude!
    You're the kinda guy I'd like to hang out with. Ever try your hand at the tables in Vegas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is one for ya...........

A group of hunters were driving up from Florida to our hunting club and about one mile from the main gate, a really nice buck runs into the side of the Suburban and left a big dent and the buck ran off. The owner of the truck kept the broken antlers for the insurance adjuster.

These guys hunted for several days and they all killed deer except for the owner of the Suburban. On the very last evening, he shot a very nice buck and when he up to take a peek at him, he noticed a broken antler..... You guessed it. It is the very same buck that creamed the side of his oew suburban. The antlers fit perfectly.....

James

8. NYLES

NYLES Well-Known Member

Ok I got you all pics and not one comment, come on thats the biggest ive shot in about 5 years! Come on make it feel good! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

9. Wild_Bill

Wild_Bill Well-Known Member

Hi Nice Buck it is great you now have the other side it makes it a better story to it in the future

Cheers Bill
    Australia

10. 41mag

41mag Well-Known Member

NYLES,

That is a great buck, even with the broken tine. It is especially great since you managed to recover the other side. A good taxidermist should be able to put it back together with hardly anything being noticable.

I would be proud to take a nice one like that. I would have posted earlier but we had a ton of stuff to do prior to heading to the country.

11. NYLES

NYLES Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If I you got bored with this story and havent read it in awhile.......I dont remember if I added the fact that about 3 weeks later friends dad(landowner) found the missing side and withen a few weeks I should have him back from the taxi...Ill add a pic of him then!

12. GoldenRod

GoldenRod Well-Known Member

NYLES,

Nice Buck and a great story. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Can't wait to see him put together. BTW where is Free Run Ms.? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

13. NYLES

NYLES Well-Known Member

15 miles northeast of Yazoo City! Has a Yazoo zip but only the 20 of us around hear know it was once free run. Our voting place is a aluminum shed with a porch built on the front. I found this 17 acres for sale had to have it and it is here I will be...All my nieghbors have the same last name. nice country livin! And Im a FL boy!