Tool, Die & Gunsmithing machinist needs A job!

tresmon

Hi,

First post.. and a tough one. Ive been lurking here for a while.

Long Story short: old company: poor economy forced layoff- lost my job.

new company: worked there 5 months. Japanese owned/ran "samurai" style.
I had worked there 5 months. At the one year employment mark, i would have got a weeks worth of vacation time. Also the FMLA leave act would have covered me.

They have a ZERO TOLERANCE attendance policy. If you don't have vacation time to cover it, you can not miss one minute of work.

Sunday the 3rd. my first child was born;Cesarean. We were released from the hospital tuesday the 5th. I stayed home with my wife for one more days for her/me to get some sleep. i returned on thursday. Long story short- now I'm fired, with a 2 week old baby.

I'm needing work in the E. TN or W. Nc area. Any intersting offer in any "outdoorsy"
location will be considered. I'm a career machinist and competative shooter. I have never been employed as a gunsmith, but do all my own gunsmithing as well as for close firends. I want to get tinto that area full time.

On a brighter note- I bagged a whitetail at 313 yds with a 16" carbine AR- with my deer sweet wife sitting next to last fall. Thanks.

Tres

[email protected]

I know at one time (not too long ago) Lawton Machine in Montana (I believe) was looking for good machinist help. It was listed on their website.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.