Today's Society...

Re: Today\'s Society...

I believe a self-righteous liberal Democrat with a cause is more dangerous than a Hell's Angel with an attitude.

Now, that is a mouth full in it's self!!
IF Truth hurts then there is a lot of Pain being dished out here!

Full Sized 4x4 Loaded Dodge 2500 Diesel for me please!
grin.gif
grin.gif
Hummers are just fore play!
rolleyes.gif

grin.gif

Hell, we already sent most of our jobs to mexico

To the Vieterons of the Viatnam war. I say thank you. From one ol Salor of 20 years Now in the INACTIVE Fleet reserve. Thanks guys for your service.

[ 10-20-2003: Message edited by: baldeagle713 ]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>So the minority vote was big to him. Then he sent them disproportionately to die in Vietnam.(Thanks for the Vote) That would be like the Jews voting for Hitler or Stalin for president.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

H-Bar,
I can't get in the middle of this because I was born just days before my dad left Camp Lejuene bound for SEA. So my age prevents me from talking about this first hand. But there is a book that's called "Stolen Valor" that was written by a Army Lt the served as a Supply Officer in Vietnam and got tired of all the wrongs that are portrayed about Vietnam and set out to prove or disprove them with factual numbers based on actual mititary documents retrieved through the Freedom of Information Act. The common notion that the "18 yr poor black man" fought and died in that war while the middle-class and above white man went to college and stayed alive is not true. Just another one of the bias media's portrayal of the typical Vietman Vet that everyone beleives now.

The numbers about the amount of alcoholics and drug users that war supposably "produced" is blown way out of proportion also by Hollywood. Everyone should read that book for an eye opener.

BTW: My dad is a Vietnam Vet and I try to make it a point ot say thanks to his fellow sevicemen. Thanks Vern! I didn't know you were over there.

Steve

Steve

Yes, PA has had the system for quite sometime now.

I haven't begun to voice all the options I have in my agenda.

Wait till you hear the school funding proposals I have.
School taxes will NOT be levied against the property owner.
This is rediculous and is unfair as hell to every property owner in the country.
Renters don't pay school taxes, why not?
I think school taxes should be paid by "everyone" who works and has any kind of ajob. Instead of school property tax, EVERY person would pay a percentage of their salery. This would make it fair for everyone.
Most (average) home owners paying school taxes from their property values would have money left over.
The rich would pay more school tax because of the amount they make per year.
Even if the percentage was the same for everyone, the rich would pay the most.

This has been mentioned in PA also. It was called "Act 50"

I have just begun. My list is growing and I have kept some back for a surprise or two.

Later
DC

Darryl,
Your forgetting a really big one for your campaign and PA has succssfully used this system for as long as I can remember without a problem.
And whether rich or poor..... you don't ever hear of anyone from PA crying foul from the intercity of Philadelphia/Pittsburgh or the blue collered farmer in the NE saying the system is unfair.

FLAT TAX!!! at the end of the year you take a $1.99 calculator and times your income by a certain percentage and your done. Or for those who have a minimal grade school education you could do it in your head.
Then there is no auditing, cheating, tax shelters, savings of BILLIONS of dollars of overhead for IRS salaries, buildings, maintaining the tax code manual, etc, etc) The savings alone of overhead for this system would free up billions of federal dollars to help elsewhere... or lower the taxes period.

I'll trade the Hummer for more rifles!! The old Chevy is still kicking just fine.

Steve

Vern- I don't believe for aminute that our government was worried about the USSR or China!!! The thing that Johnson was worried about was if enough helicopters and jets didn't get shot down his arms dealing buddies in Texas would not make any money!!
Two of the biggest arms contractors were in Texas. Bell helicopters and General Dynamics.
Hell I wouldn't be surprised if they paid for the bullets to blow Kennedy's head off!!!
Our country had better equipment than China and the USSR and still does. Even though China is catching up because of Clinton allowing the export of certain technology to China. It seems to me that our Government always has some dirty dealing going on!!! We need an honest guy in office!!! Even though I voted for Bush, I still believe he is a crook!!! You gotta believe there are some oil dealings going on that are making his family some money!!!Otherwise we wouldn't have to foot the bill for Iraq. They could sell oil for the money to rebuild. There hasn't been an honest president in a long time. During Vietnam Johnson wouldn't allow SAM sites to be shot at until they were set up. They were still getting shot at but not til they were set up. OK I guess that he wanted to give them a fair fight right. Years later they find out by his tapes in the white house that we weren't even shot at in the Gulf of Tonken!!!(hope I spelled that right) He couldn't have been too afraid, he only attacked some country while being unprovoked to do so!!! I don't agree with the protestors for what they did to the brave men that fought for their country. They were attacking the wrong people. They should have been attacking Johnson for putting our troups where they didn't belong. You all were just doing your duty for your country as should be done!!! They (the liberals) could not back track and attack Johson because they were the ones that voted Kennedy/Johnson in and then voted Johnson in again. They couldn't attack their scumbag candidate so they attacked you guys!!! Another thing I like about Johson that cracks me up is that he was voted in by the liberals which is comprised of minorities. So the minority vote was big to him. Then he sent them disproportionately to die in Vietnam.(Thanks for the Vote) That would be like the Jews voting for Hitler or Stalin for president. You for one should know by the M14 to the M16 incident that Vietnam was a money grab! The M14 got the nod instead of the Stoner rifle and then when they finally rectified the situation they ordered the M16s without chrome lined chambers to try to reverse it again. You should know that something like 50% of the dead soldiers with the early M16 rifle had jammed rifles!! Sorry for carrying on but these things **** me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the problem with this country it is run by the rich for the rich. Whether they are republican or demacrat the rich get richer!

YES I think we owe a lot to the people that fought an unpopular war! We can never repay the people who suffer for our freedom! I think you missed most of my point though Steve. I may be wrong about the minority thing but I doubt that I am wrong on every point that I made in my lengthy statement. However there were deferrals for people in college and back then most were rich and most were white. What about politicians kids that didn't quite make it over there! I was not knocking ANY vets! My family has a long line of people that served and I would definitely not fit well with the family if I felt that way. I was reaffirming the crappy circumstances in which our vets were tossed.
I just don't like the idea that our soldiers were put in Vietnam by liberals and then spit on by the same liberals. I give the vets a lot of credit. I could not show the same restraint that they have. I guess I am just not into the let em back up after you kick the hell out of em attitude. Ok I will stop rambling! However I did forget one thing!

THANK YOU VERN AND ALL VETS THAT SERVED OUR COUNTRY!!!!!!!

Still voting for DC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey DC can I be the head button pusher when you are president? I am thinking the mid east would look better with some glass parking lots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A flat rate of 15% income tax for everybody, no matter if your rich or poor.(With no refunds) No more and no less.

H-bar: Calm down your making me nervous again!

DC: Yes, Copy and paste. I thought you might like it anyway.

Vern knows how I feel especially after spending time with him in Virginia.

I think I'll make him my "Foreign Affairs" advisor if he wants the position?

And the campaign rolls on.

The motto is----"Ameriaca, Love it or leave."
We will be making some positive changes for those who stay, that I promise.
grin.gif
grin.gif

Later
DC

H-Bar,
No problem. I didn't misinterpret your other statements at all. That is why I added the line saying my age and can't really answer to the other statements because I wasn't old enough to see it first hand and if I start talking about it... it would just be hearsay that I heard from someone else and I don't do that. I was only commenting on the misunderstood notion of who actually fought and died in that war statistically.
I do know I've heard Dad talk about McNamera (Sec Defense) and how his hands were supposably in the money pot also.
Beleive me I have a large distrust of our government. Case in point: My Dad was refused access to his own medical records at the VA hospital in Wilkes-Barre, PA once. He was exposed to agent orange while in SEA and they had taken biopsys of some of the open sores it leaves on the side of his face and neck about a month before that. The nurse said she could not allow him access. Lawyers took care of that but it was a lot of time before he could see them. And just last year for the very first time sinse this started in the early '80 when he first went to have it checked out.... a VA doctor finally said "Mr Shelp, you do have dioxins in your system". But guess what.... because my Dad keep working and supporting his family from '68 until early '80s and didn't report his agent orange when he got back, the VA won't do antything now. Thier reason: you waited until '81 to report anything and you could've got it from anywhere. But yet my Mom, the whole family, Dads friends, etc can testify that he went to Vietnam in '67 without visible scars on his face/neck/back and when he came back in '68 they have been there ever sinse and do not go away.

So yes, always question your government and hold thier feet to the fire!!

Darryl,
Once Vern takes over that office of Foreign Affairs I'll volunteer to be the liason to France and I'll coordinate all of my fellow American Legion and VFW members to come over to France and exhume every American buried there and have them shipped back and buried in American soil. Won't look forward to the job, but I feel it needs to be done.
Then your chief button pusher could accidently drop a short round (or 10) on France went they are making glass in Iraq, Iran, and any of the 100 of "@$@#%$%stans" over there.

The old property owner/school tax thing.... oh yes. The is a hot one!!

Deergrut,
That's what I'm talking about!!! It's funny that a state the size of PA that anything from some inter-citys to a lot of farm-lands that represents many different demographics (and isn't a small state by population by any means) can make this system work flawlessly and nobody complains at all. But if Steve Forbes brings it up FLAT TAX during a debate for the Federal governement.... there's a 100 liberals crying foul instantly about how somebody is going to get screwed by this system. But yet because PA has always had that system nobody complains. Gotta love people and thier reluctance to change because...."this is the way it's always been". Right or Wrong if that is the way they have done it, they will put on the blinders and defend that way till death, even if its the most screwed up way of doing things.

Semper Fidelis!

Steve

[ 10-21-2003: Message edited by: Steve Shelp ]

This behavior ranks right up there with the fags but, an old timer had the best remark I have heard yet.

The Old Man
An old man was sitting on a bench at the mall. A young man walked up to the
bench and sat down. He had spiked hair in all different colors:green, red,
orange, blue, and yellow. The old man just stared. Everytime the young man
looked, the old man was staring. The young man finally said sarcastically,
"What's the matter old timer, never done anything wild in your life?
"Without batting an eye, the old man replied, "Got drunk once and had sex
with a peacock. I was just wondering if you were my son."

We can send these types (spiked hair) to Cuba with the Fags too.

We "will" clean up this country and the first one to burn an American flag or even step on it, will be stoned like in biblical days, or worse.

Back to the Campagn trail.
Later
DC

H-Bar---You have the "Button Pusher" job

[ 10-21-2003: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.