to fifty driver

assasin-99

does you have any good ideas for what kind of caliber i can use on foxes, crows, goose and other small animal up to 2-300yrd. is the 204 ruger or 17rem good kalibers for that
i have bougth a 308 now. but need a varmint caliber also.
a wildcat would be fun.

Condor,

Everything mentioned will work perfectly well. I would pick the 204 or 22 caliber rounds over the 17 but mainly for personal reasons.

If your looking to itch a wildcat bug, could I recommend the 223 Ack Imp. It is a great round. Easy to load for, when set up properly it is very accurate with factory 223 Rem ammo and when loaded properly will give factory loaded 22-250 ammo a run for its money performance wise.

They are simply a joy to shoot and for the game and range you are asking about, one would be hard pressed to find a better round.

FOr a factory round, the 204 or 223 would be my personal choice for this game at these ranges.

GOod Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

i am from norway and i know people here is using the 17rem and the 204 ruger, but the 22-250 burn powder and barrels or? the 223 acley improved i dont think we have barrels for?
the only thing i care about are that the rifle should shoot 1 tol 1 1/2 moa at 250-300yrd /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

If the 17 Rem is pretty common over there that's the way to go- ammo and reloading components will be readily available. I use a 17 Rem over here for coyotes and have taken several with 400-500 yard one shot kills.
Form what I have seen the 204 hasn't lived up to all the hype Ruger claimed...coming from first hand knowledge of over 10,000 rounds down two 204s....

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.