To all from down under.

kc

A big greetings from the States. Its good to see you blokes getting some trigger time.
It was shocking with the floods in Queens land? I hope I remember the floods place but
I bet it was pure hell..I found a song on You Tube called, I was 19 by Red Gum...
If you got some time give it a listen..

Thanks guys, my Brother inlaw Retired from the US ARMY about 13 years ago and goes back for 3 months a year with the UN looking for our lost Brothers in Vietnam, He gets into the Bombs. My great uncle was in
the Bataan death march after being a Prisoner of the Japs, I know there were many of you guys from Australia and New Zealand, he was with the Canadians and fought under the British flag.
I have no disrespect to any of you guys..keep in touch with us here, we have more in common than you will ever know.

Keith, Thanks for your regards. I am in Queensland and was isolated for a little while but was very fortunate not to get any damage. We are about 200km from where the worst of it was. Many people have lost everything and some lost lives. To rub salt into wounds, some insurance companies aren't paying because it's "the wrong type of flood water". While one end of the country was under water the other end was burning with bushfires. It is getting into summer weather now, heres hoping this years fires can be kept at bay.

On a lighter note, game animals are prolific around here at the moment due to good seasons so it will make for good hunting. I am new fairly new to long range shooting and seem to be having trouble getting first round hits on targets much past 500m, but I am not deterred!

The song "I was only 19" is pretty popular over here and is always played on days with any significance to war time events.

Thanks again

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts