TMR

Desert Fox

Went out yesterday afternoon to do some shooting. I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to try my new Leupold 6.5X20X50 MK4 TMR on my SSG built 338 Lapua Improved. I was really impressed with the the new MK4, especially the TMR. About time Leupold switch to glass itched reticule. I like the way Leupold designed the TMR. It is almost like an IOR MP-8 dot reticule except the dot is missing. I like that better! because there's nothing there to obscure the target, especially when aiming at small target. There is also a vast improvement on glass coating on these new MK4. I could see the difference when compared with the old MK4. Overall, I'm very pleased. I mounted the scope on a pair of Seekins 6 screw rings and off to the range I went. After zeroing the rifle, I placed my steel target to 525 yards and fired this 3 shot group. My load consist of 95 grains Retumbo, 300 grain SMK, Federal 215M on Lapua Brass.

Target021.jpg

Target023.jpg

Target019.jpg

I also like the TMR. I also have a MP-8 and a couple of npr-2's the tmr is my favorite. Boy that is a pretty good divit it is putting in that steel at 500+yds.

Brent

Great results. I also have 1 in an 8.5-25x Mk 4. It's on a 6.5 WSM XP-100 handgun. I was lucky enuf to win the 500 yd. leg of the MOA Thousand Yard match this past spring. I was running turret for elevation and reticle for windage, and it worked. I especially like the .2 mil subtension units for rangefinding.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.