Tips for a beginner?

Joey

I have just purchased a new Remington Sendero SF in .300 Win Mag. I am interested in turning this into a "beanfield" for my deer hunting here in the Southeast. I have already ran nearly two hundred rounds through the barrel, the first fifty with a boresnake following every shot, the next fifty with the boresnake following every third shot. My first few groups were one holers at 100 yards, and the best five shot group was 2.13 @ 300 yards, the worst 3.4. I am already very pleased with my choice of guns but would like to do everything within reason to it the most accurate rifle I can. Any tips as to what I can do for the rifle would be appreciated.
confused.gif

The first thing I did to my Sendero.(300 RUM)Was have the trigger set down to 2.5 pound's.The 2nd thing I did and the thing that helped the most was a muzzle brake.They are loud.But if you are hunting a open field you should have time to use some type of hearing protection.The screw off kind I feel are the best.You can take it off and use a screw on barrel cap when you dont want to use it.Just my opinion.

Warning! This thread is more than 23 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.