Tipped Sierra Matchkings

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Nomosendero, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Nomosendero

Nomosendero Well-Known Member

It is very interesting to see that Sierra has a "tipped" option for these 2 SMK bullets. It is viewed by many that the SMK is not as consistant as the Berger for example when it comes to long range expansion, not to mention the increased BC.

yes, I did e-mail Sierra about getting the bullets but no, at present they are only available from Black Hills in their loaded AMMO. Oh well, maybe someday!

Black Hills Ammunition | The Power of Performance

2. AKGuide

AKGuide Well-Known Member

If they tipped the 240's I shoot out of my RUM, that would be the day. I'd love to test them on moose if they decide to join the lr hunting market and give berger some competition.

Reuben

3. benchracer

benchracer Well-Known Member

I would consider this to be a mildly encouraging development. Hopefully, this will eventually escalate into Sierra offering TMK's as component bullets. Given some of the experiments being done by forum members, I am hoping that Sierra will come around to offering plastic or aluminum tips in all of its Matchking line.

4. Outlaw6.0

Outlaw6.0 Well-Known Member

Very interesting! I had no idea Sierra was playing with that. Boosting BC from .505 to .535 ain't bad at all. Keep it up Sierra!

t

5. Canadian Bushman

Canadian Bushman Well-Known Member

Might be enough to get me to buy some.