Tip of the day

J E Custom

In the south, We have every pest known to man and Ticks are on the list.

The most bothersome is the Red Bugs and the Seed Ticks. These are hardly visible to the eye
and can make ones life very miserable.

A simple way to deal with these pest is to rub stick deodorant/Antiperspirant on the red spot
and itching will stop almost immediately. It also kills the tick and the itching and red spot will be gone within 12 hours +.

Try it. It realy works.

J E CUSTOM

Thanks JE, I had to deal with those ticks when I lived in he midwest. I encountered the seed ticks in Missouri hunting and at field trials. Those little suckers leave a welt that itches for a month or more. Out here ticks are not bad but I will keep your advice in mind and share it with friends back in Ia. and Mo.. Good info!!

Thanks
Jeff

We see cases of "tick paralysis" here off and on. I've seen a single tick at the hairline cause near complete paralysis in an adult. After being evaluated for every other neuromuscular disease, the patient was seen by a Doc that knew what he was looking at. You talk about working miracles, he pulled that tick out and it was like flicking a switch. Give the kids and dogs a good once over after outings.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts