timney vs jewell

plinker31

thinking about replacing my factory trigger, i like the tactical timney but from what i understand by their website the heaviest it can be set is 10 oz. i am sure that is awsome for someone with more experience tha i have, i am thinking more around the 2 pound range. everyone on this site seems to be jewell fans can anyone expain the differance i have never felt a jewell, as well as information about setting the timney to a heavier pull.

I have no experience with Timney. I do have three M700s and they all have Jewells. Some of the shooters at our range have Timney triggers and they seem to be satisfied with them and they are fully adjustable to my understanding.
I'm just partial to the Jewell now. Any of these triggers will be better than what came with new 700s.

Maybe your milking a mouse. You will buy what fits your budget . I don't know Jewell but I did buy a Timney for my Weatherby and love it. As he said "either one is vastly superior to the factory ". Money well spent wich ever one yoou choose. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.