Timney triggers

HawkeyeFan

As a southern Iowan I am new to the long range game. I have a stevens 200 .308 win that groups 3/4 to 1 1/2 inches with a couple of different loads. I am thinking of upgrading the trigger to a timney trigger that they make specifically for the stevens model. Does anyone have experience with timney triggers in stevens rifles or timney triggers in general.

Thanks,

HawkeyeFan
Kickoff is coming and that means hunting is not far behind.

While I don't use Timney triggers in my bolt action rifles, I did fit one in my AR15 and it made all the difference in the world, in terms of accuracy. The workmanship is very good and I was not disappointed in any way.

Regards,

I have 3 of them on all my Mausers and love them they where easy to install and just as easy to setup.I beleive you'll enjoy your new trigger when you change it out.

I dropped one in a Stevens 200 223. Its fairly simple to install and a big improvement over the stock trigger. Its a good upgrade for the $$.

If I had to do it over again, I would buy the exact same 2 Timney triggers that I have. They both have made big differences in the accuracy of the rifles that they are in.

back in 2000 i put a timmey trigger in my savage and i dont care for it. its real stiff, it has been twiked up and down. thinking about a different trigger

Don't overlook Rifle Basix. I have a Savage non-accutrigger one, which is probably exactly what you need for your Stevens. Fully adjustable, it ended up being the nicest trigger I own. It looks simple, but it WORKS.

I don't have a rifle right now with a Timney on it, but I can speak from first hand knowledge and experience. Timneys are good triggers. I have had numerous Savages over the years and they all got Timneys. I was putting Timneys on my rifles before Rifle Basix and SharpShooterSupplies were a glitch on the radar screen.
I have two Savages now. One is Pre-AccuTrigger and wears a Rifle Basix, the other has an AccuTrigger. Both are set between 1.5-2lbs and I can't tell the difference, as far as how they break. The RB was on sale at the time.
I have a Shilen on my Remington 700P and it is a nice trigger. Initially I didn't like it based on the feel. The shoe is narrow, a lot narrower than a stock Remy. After a few rounds with that thing breaking like glass, didn't matter what it felt like!
Never had a SSS, so based on my experience I would rate the Timney right there with the RB, but below the Shilen. They are definately a lot better than the PRE-Accutrigger Savages. Easy to install and set-up and worth the time, effort and money. JohnnyK.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.