Timney Trigger Spring Browning A-Bolt

I have one in both of my Brownings. Makes a huge difference in pull weight. There is also a video on YouTube that helps.

I've had the Rifle Basix 1.25-3 lb spring in my A-Bolt II since early this year (set to 1.25 lbs), and have been enjoying it thoroughly since. Best $20 mod I've ever done.

Yes that's ghe kit I use I'm my A-bolts, many of which date to the early 90's befite the A bolt II, it won't turn it into a Jewell but it's a heck of an improvement!!

My Browning Medallion A-bolt in 7mm Rem LH is from the mid or late 90's.

Will this work in my gun as well?

It will fit A-Bolt & A-Bolt II rifles only.

I have the Rifle Basix spring and then adjusted my trigger from there. I wouldn't recommend toying with your trigger if you don't know what you're doing. Take it to a professional gunsmith.

Like mentioned above, it won't magically turn it into a Jewell or Timney, but it will be a significant improvement, especially considering the $20 pricetag.

After a little digging around on old recollection of different things I have read about shadetree gunsmithing, I remembered on about the Savage Axis' terrible trigger. The fix for that was to cut one ring of the spring off to lighten it up to about half the pull weight. So, I decided that before I dropped $40 on a tiny piece of wrapped steel that I would try it out. So, I cut one ring off and it indeed did make it manageable, but still not what I like. Each end of the spring has the flattened out ring on the ends, so I cut off the other ring of the other end and bingo; very nice and smooth now. We will see how she works at the range here shortly.

It will fit A-Bolt & A-Bolt II rifles only.

I have the Rifle Basix spring and then adjusted my trigger from there. I wouldn't recommend toying with your trigger if you don't know what you're doing. Take it to a professional gunsmith.

Like mentioned above, it won't magically turn it into a Jewell or Timney, but it will be a significant improvement, especially considering the $20 pricetag.

Thank you sir. It is an A-bolt and I'm taking it that the Medallion does not make a difference.

I have no qualms about doing my own gunsmithing. I've done a little bit of work on firearms which includes replacing rifle triggers, swaping around shutgun safeties, smoothing out pistol triggers and conducting rifle barrel swaps as well. I'm not a fan of "just cut right here" type of work. No sir. I use true drop in products and am always confident of what I'm doing with nothing but the correct tools for the job. (a small phillips screw driver is not a punch)

I'm just confirming this piece will work in my gun since I'm overseas and not able to look it over at the moment.

Thank you sir. It is an A-bolt and I'm taking it that the Medallion does not make a difference.

I have no qualms about doing my own gunsmithing. I've done a little bit of work on firearms which includes replacing rifle triggers, swaping around shutgun safeties, smoothing out pistol triggers and conducting rifle barrel swaps as well. I'm not a fan of "just cut right here" type of work. No sir. I use true drop in products and am always confident of what I'm doing with nothing but the correct tools for the job. (a small phillips screw driver is not a punch)

I'm just confirming this piece will work in my gun since I'm overseas and not able to look it over at the moment.
Sounds like you got it covered. I agree, I'm not a fan of the half-*** gunsmithing that some people do that they call their "secrets of the trade", which are usually just cheap short-cuts that allow them to cut cost or cut corners and in the end it will only affect the end-user. That's why I try to do as much stuff myself. I was just giving fair warning, because I don't want some jackleg installing the spring, then tinkering with it and someone getting hurt, then they blame me for telling them to do it, when all I did was mention the spring. You know what I mean?

Kit comes with 2 springs. both lighter than the browning. I think one is a alb and the other a 2.5lb
i installed the lightest one and it made a huge difference.

Best $20 ever spent at midway.

testedonanimals

A good friend of mine recently replaced his factory trigger which he had done the spring upgrade on with a JARD trigger. I had a chance to shoot the rifle and it is as nice as any of my rifles equipped with a Timney.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.