timney trigger on a rem 700 help

tndan1975

I installed a timney on a rem 700 adl and after i got it to fit in the stock and installed the bolts and i after to snug them down , I could not pulled the trigger or move the safety either. But if you leave the bolts kind of loose it works. I look at the trigger guard after installing it ., it looks like its touching alittle. Didn't know if this is the problem . Thanks for any info

coat the trigger assy with prussian blue or any lay out fluid, re install and see where it's touching.

coat the trigger assy with prussian blue or any lay out fluid, re install and see where it's touching.

Might not have much luck seeing Prussian blue on a blued gun/trigger. Layout fluid dries and isn't the same stuff as Prussian blue. Use a feeler gauge to check for clearance between the trigger guard and trigger. I have had to shorten triggers before.

Bob

does it work before you put it in the stock? if it does then you know where your problem is. I installed a timney last night and had to modify the bottom metal for it to work perfectly

Might not have much luck seeing Prussian blue on a blued gun/trigger. Layout fluid dries and isn't the same stuff as Prussian blue. Use a feeler gauge to check for clearance between the trigger guard and trigger. I have had to shorten triggers before.

Bob

look for the "blue" on the stock

Same here Mike! I put one in a rebuilt 03A3 a few years ago and had to take some metal off so there was enough clearance for the trigger to drop in and move easily.

Does the safety work correctly in/out of the stock?

That's usually the first thing to bind. If that's your problem, use a dremmel to inlet the stock a little better for the safety.

-- richard

If the safety on a Timney doesn't work, it's not the stock that needs clearancing.

The crosspin through the trigger body sometimes sits against the trigger opening on the triggerguard.

You'll need to make a small relief in the trigger guard so the crosspin can move from side to side when the safety lever is worked.

Having similar trouble though it appeared that the bolt release is hitting the bottom metal bc it works fine with out the stock on.

I think I am going to relieve the bottom metal slightly where the bolt release button touches it.

Thoughts?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.