Time to make a choice..

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by The7mmSTW, Oct 28, 2012.

1. The7mmSTW

The7mmSTW Well-Known Member

About to bite the bullet and make my scope purchase, just cant decide which reticule..for the Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50/56 to go on top of my 7mm STW.

I was looking at the MOAR, has anybody used it, i know it has only been out for a short time

2. Derek M.

Derek M. Well-Known Member

I purchased 2 identical scopes from member Bob Beck.

NXS 5.5x22x56 zero stop, 1/4 min click, MOAR. I'm happy with them. I had one with the NPR 2 and liked it as well. NPR 1 too busy for me.

3. ultraedge

ultraedge Well-Known Member

I have used both the NPR1 and the NPR2 extensively. For longer distances I much prefer the NPR1 because I can hold windage corrections much more accurately. Also, you can measure misses at long range more accurately. The NPR1 is fine enough to enable you to make exact holds at long range. Gary Campbell

4. marinetowgunner

marinetowgunner Well-Known Member

MOAR is basically an NPR-1 with some upgrades. I've been shooting mine since January and really like it for target as well as field work.

5. kass

kass Well-Known Member

I agree with ultraedge, either the MOAR or the NPR-1 would be a good choice. The NPR-1 having thinner lines. I've used each and the NPR-2 with my choice being the NPR-1