Time for new Barrel on my 6x284???

Iron Worker

Current BBL is a Hart #5 varmint contour 10" twist. What about Lija,or Krieger, is a cut rifled better suited for this hot rod then a button rifled? What about a 5R cut rifled? Or a 5C button rifled? Fifty Driver do you want the work?

I can't say weather or not the cut is better than the buttoned ,I ve had both and both shot great. I will say that I'mvery happy with the 5R barrels , I've had a few Rockcreek's , one Obermeyer and currenty have one Bartlein. Haven't shot the Bartlein yet but runng a REALY tight patch throug it it feels smooth as glass and looks as good as any other custom barrel I've had. The Obermeyer barrl was able to get higher speeds than listed with the same listed charge and shot great "Doublegobble" here now owns that gun and can attest to its quality.

Also the 5R barrels will be a little easier on your bullet at top end speeds and pressures.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.