time for bigger gun

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by cheif wsm, May 25, 2009.

1. cheif wsm

cheif wsm Member

gun)
    im currently in the works of getting my 375 cheytac project off the ground hopefully being the first in New Zealand to get amongst the deer popultion with one, and am going to need a ballistics programme for pocket p.c, one feature im looking for is the ability to calculate windage from a given angle, say a 2 oclock wind from a 12 oclock barrel, any suggestions welcome!

2. bigngreen

bigngreen Well-Known Member

I know the Patagonia Ballistics would give you what you want. You can input wind direction and speed in three different angles, speeds and ranges with multiple or single wind zones. I'm running it on a Dell Axim 51 and after learning how too use it and input correct enviromentals it is proving very good. Costomer service has been top notch also.
    Ballistics Software from Patagonia Ballistics

3. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

First of all, Welcome to Long Range Hunting.:)

Here's a link that will give you some reading on free ballistic software as well as the stuff you pay for. Any of the good programs will do what you want it to do. Link--> http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f76/weather-meters-ballistics-software-palm-pc-28673/

Also, if you post your questions in the General forum you'll get a lot more responses than here. Not everybody reads the members intro forum.

We also have a forum here that might interest you. Link--> Australia, New Zealand - LongRangeHunting.com

Good luck with your 375.

4. welshdragon

welshdragon Active Member

hello and welcome hope you enjoy

W.D