tim68 new zealand

tim68

hi from new zealand I live in a little piece of earths paradice,at the foot of the kaweka ranges in the north island of new zealand . I have 3500 acrea farm with red deer, sika deer.the mohaka river is a one wood golf shot from the front door full of rainbow and brown trout. I shoot a remington 700 .270 with a 3-15-50 night force. I load 60 grain AR 2213sc with 140 grain nosler acurbond bullets.my longest shot has been a sika hind at 627 yards. I am at the point where I would like to up gun, I am trying to find out what caliber to go for,it has to be a carry gun as alot of my hunting is walk in walk out week trips.I guided a couple of american hunters on red deer and they where using 30-378wby,and i was quite impressed .any ideas

3500 acers near the kawekas mate congrats i will come over and visit next sika rut:D. Still need 1 of those.

Alot of the boy on here use the big 338's and will recomend them but nothing wrong with the big 30-378 also look at te 300 rum both guns preform well in the 30 cal range of things.
Hope those yanks were paying :D.
Us Anzacs need to stick together. LOL

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.