Tikka T3 Super Varmint "Magnum"

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Topshot, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Topshot

Topshot Well-Known Member

Anyone tried a Tikka T3 Super Varmint model in one of the magnum chamberings? Looks like they come set up with Picatinny rail and adjustable stock as standard.

I see they come in 270WSM,300WSM, 7mm RM, 300WM, and 338WM, might make a good low price long range rifle?

2. danial1973

danial1973 Member

Great question topshot,

I have been thinking the same thing. On thing that concerns me is the magazine length. from the pics it looks like it might be a bit short to take some of those nice long VLD bullets like bergers or SMK's. I spoke to a bloke who reckons that the standard t3 rifle shoots 3 hole clover leaf groups at 100 yards in 300 WM with factory ammo so it stands to reason that the Varmint would shoot better.

I would be good to hear from som t3 Varmint owners.

Danny

3. maxim 08/15

maxim 08/15 New Member

i own a T3 Super Varmint in .300 WSM for a year after selling my T3 Tactical in .308. I was totally surprised to take the tactical out of the box and produce fantastic groups of 3 cm at a distance of 300 meters! ( in combination with a S&B PM II 3-12x50) Wildboar hunting forced me to switch to .300 WSM in accordance to get more energy into target. It´s all the same with the Super Varmint! An exact Trigger, good stock and the Picatinnyrail makes it my favourite Workingtool for everyday use. My load: 69 grain Alliant Reloder 22, 180 grain Nosler Accubond.

4. Farmer Brown

Farmer Brown Member

I hate'm...have one...little one hole groups at 200 yards...have to go down range to confirm...if your into one-holers...

5. sideshowbob

sideshowbob Member

Where is the 7mm WSM?

6. Farmer Brown

Farmer Brown Member

They are even worse...smaller bullet...smaller holes...my buddy has one...

7. MSU Marksman

MSU Marksman Well-Known Member

Just because it's listed on their website, doesn't mean you can get one here in the US. Unless you want to go through the trouble of importing a single rifle through a dealer and paying the additoinal fees.

8. noneck180

noneck180 Well-Known Member

Be sure to inquire about the pic rail, some come with others on the newer models do not.