tikka t3 lite

shaunb

Hi folks Im new on this sight and as i speak awaitin on delivery of my new tikka t3 lite has anyone any info on this rifle apart from what i read on web and magazine articles? im from ireland by the way...

If you do a little looking around on this site you will find several conversations about them. I have two of them. One in.243 and one in .308. I use the .243 for coyote hunting and I really don't know why I bought the 308 other than it was a great price.

The tikka's are reasonable shooters out of the box. Both of mine shoot well. I shoot factory ammo out of both and they do well. I'm sure hand loads would help but I have no tut the time into the guns. The problem with a tikka is that you get what you get. Aftermarket stocks and barrels are very limited. Nothing like the wide variety of choices you would have with Remington or Savage.

When I bought my .243 I did it because I wanted a light weight gun that had a reasonable chance of shooting well. It has done that.

Good luck with yours. Have fun with it!!

Thanks for the feedback mine is a .223 over here you need very specific licenses and alarm systems if you go over that calibre. have seen some vids of coyote shoots would love a crack at that!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.