Tikka T3 7mm--- I'm a believer!

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by SavageScott, Jul 31, 2012.

1. SavageScott

SavageScott Well-Known Member

Wow- on a whim I purchased a Tikka T3 Lite Stainless in 7mm rem mag a few days ago. Got it scoped (nothing special; a Nikon Prostaff 4-12). Anyway, got it to the range today, and shot pretty cheap ammo through it (Winchester SuperX 150 grainers). WOW was I impressed!!!! Even with the cheap cr@p ammo, I was consistently shooting sub MOA. It was funny how consistent it shot; every group was right about 3/4". I really was not expecting that.

I cannot WAIT to see what this thing will do when I get some premium ammo :)

Maybe I should change my name to "TikkaScott"

2. Long Time Long Ranger

Long Time Long Ranger Well-Known Member

I have six tikka t-3's and they all shoot great. Several friends also have them now after seeing mine shoot. They are one of the best buys out there. If a guy is looking for a half mile rifle you can't do any better for the money.

3. Lefty7mmstw

Lefty7mmstw Well-Known Member

ditto for my lh tikka stainless I picked up last fall in 270. Little itty bitty cloverleafs. Bushnell 10x fixed on top of it.

4. D.ID

D.ID Well-Known Member

Amen.......Me to.

5. Tikkamike

Tikkamike Well-Known Member

I support the name change!

6. Black Sheep

Black Sheep Well-Known Member

I loved my tikka right from the get go, and loved it even more after I was taught how to reload! Here's my load....

Attached Files:

7. SavageScott

SavageScott Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies guys!

When I checked my gun today I noticed the mounts were loose--- I have some time today so I will be heading to the range again. I'll post some pics!

8. bbutturff

bbutturff Well-Known Member

The factory Tikka mounts will not hold up with the larger calibers. Do yourself a favor and get something better. I prefer the DNZ one-piece solid mount. Best 60 bucks I ever spent x 3 rifles.

9. Lefty7mmstw

Lefty7mmstw Well-Known Member

I don't have much faith in aluminum rings so I hit 'em good with loc-tite and they've been fine on the 270, even burning almost 70 gr. ball powder in one load(bucks like a 7mm) using wc872 and a 130 bonded- I had to get it to shoot....Dang interbonds

10. D.ID

D.ID Well-Known Member

Same here. Had to DNZ my tikka after one season.