Tikka Stock

The radius at the front of the stock looks much larger than your barrel's radius.

Edit to add: Your Gunsmith was right so to speak about the barrel not touching anything, Normally you want the barrel to be what's called "Free-floating" However some sporter barrel rifles prefer a pressure point towards the end of the barrel channel and nothing touching back to the receiver, But it has to be done right, Free -Floating is usually the preferred method.

Last edited:
Would you say it's sitting too high?
I don't know how tight the recoil lug fits in your stock . In mine they fit so tight that I couldn't get them out they didn't stick above the stock far enough to really get ahold of even with pliers. I messed one up trying to get it out it was it was so tight so I got a hair dryer and heated up around it on the stock and it came out east after that. When I put the other stock on I left the recoil lug sitting a 1/4 inch proud of the stock when I set the action on the lug it was easier to hit the slot and I pushed the action and the lug down at the same time that worked perfect made it easy to tell what you are doing. The lug sits so deep in the stock I took a pop can and cut shims and stuck them under the lug to raise it a little which helped but when I switched stocks I didn't put them in it but it did help and didn't hurt anything. David