Tikka scope mounts

britz

here is my problem (one of them at least): I have a 300 WSM in a Tikka and topped w/ a Nikon Monarch 5.5-16.5 x 44 AO scope. The scope only has 40 MOA and I would like to be able to shoot out to 1000. THe max range to sight in w/ this rig is only 820 yards ( and that is topping out the scope which I don't want to do).

I tried to shim the scope under the base on the Weaver style Tikka factory mounts using 3 slivers of aluminum pop can giving me approximatly 15 MOA lift. I started shooting at the range only to find that the shimms were slipping out after only a couple of shots.

Does anyone have a better Idea for the mounts, or a better way to shim a scope. I don't know where to find a good mount for the Tikka T3. Thanks in advance for your advice. Mark.

I tried the website, but I couldn't find mounts on it.

I ended up purchasing Leupald bases for the T 3 and Buris Signiture rings. I put them on my rifle and the front Luepald/burris merrage was loose. I could easily twist the ring on the base. I proceeded to use a cut piece of Aluminum pop can as a washer to tighten up the base/ ring contact. Any better ideas anyone? Thanks, Mark

Use Burris Signature rings w/plastic inserts......either Zee style w/Weaver style bases or turn in style using Leo two pc bases #54447

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.