Tikka Info?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by TikkaShooters, Jul 15, 2011.

1. TikkaShooters

TikkaShooters Official LRH Sponsor

Who would like to see a dedicated Tikka site in the U.S. with aftermarket support and info?

Maybe it would be like Sharp Shooter Supply is for Savage

Thoughts?

2. Nimrod1203

Nimrod1203 Well-Known Member

I WOULD I WOULD!!! I'm currently building a tikka m695 25-06. and would love to have bottom metal(actual metal) and more stock options. There are alot of these tikka's out there(t3 and other models) and after doing multiple years of research, i finally have the pieces together. I think there is a muted demand for a tikka aftermarket site. Alot of people are "happy" with their tikkas, because it's more trouble then it's worth to find upgrades. just my .02
    Nimrod

3. steelshooter

steelshooter Well-Known Member

I would also like to see a site for Tikka upgrades and accessories, even though I'm in Australia. I think I could get a bit useful info from it. My next build will be based on a Tikka as I am very happy with the factory rigs I already have.

4. bbutturff

bbutturff Well-Known Member

Count me in. While I'm happy with my T3 I'd still love some options.

5. TikkaShooters

We wouldn't leave you out Steelshooter... Anyone who loves a Tikka is good by me!

Now the work begins!

6. sinarms

sinarms Well-Known Member

Yes....but better customer service please

7. TikkaShooters

Without a doubt! Great service, knowledgable staff... there may be something here.

Devin, would you be up for some machine work?

8. noneck180

noneck180 Well-Known Member

what info are you looking for?

9. sinarms

sinarms Well-Known Member

maybe, what did you have in mind?

10. Long Time Long Ranger

Long Time Long Ranger Well-Known Member

I have six tikka t-3's. So I would be interested in an aftermarket site.

11. Nimrod1203

The biggest absence in aftermarket support is for the 695/595 actions. The T3 has actually found a few manufacturers that are making parts. If someone could spit out a few metal trigger guards for the tikka 695/595 i think everyone that owns one of those fine rifles would go for it(that care for quality anyways). I think if there was a site that would gather up all aftermarket options and be sortable by model and aftermarket category...it'd be pretty slick.
    Nimrod

12. TikkaShooters

You're right about the 695/595 actions... They were used quite a bit in benchrest competition (which says a lot about the quality) and then support fizzled out.

I agree there should be more products out there.

The other "hole" I see is for quality T3 mags. The plastic ones are expensive and no one really likes them. To switch over to an AICS system is very expensive...

I think we're on to something here!lightbulb

13. rcdinaz

rcdinaz Well-Known Member

Great idea!

Even simple upgrades are harder to find then most other brands or have to always be back ordered. Just a place to go that keeps all the upgrades and parts available listed seems like it would get a lot of traffic.

14. Nimrod1203

I know i've searched long and hard for the parts for my rifle(695). I almost gave up and sold it to get a remington.....which i love.....but i just couldn't give up on the smoothest action with the best factory trigger i'd ever seen. Then i seen a picture of a custom 595.....and i trudged on! gather all the parts up in one location...it'd have taken me a week to decide to build this, not 2 years.
    Nimrod