Tikka in .260 Remington

johnp034

Does Tikka offer any of their models in .260 Remington? Seems I read on there website in the specifications that they do, but then when you look up a specific rifle, there is none. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking for a full size .260, without going custom.

Thanks,

JohnP

Awhile back I was looking for a .260 also and on tikka's website it shows that they offer it in both the tikka varmint and varmint supreme. Cant remember for sure though, I looked around for one and they seemed hard to find so you might have to order one. Good Luck!

Thats what I was after, was the T3 Lite, but haven't been able to locate one. I am in the retail gun business and none of our vendors are able to find one either.

Thanks for the info,

JohnP

I've only seen 260 in the Sako 85 series, which as you know is a bit pricier then the Tikka. If you don't mind a used rifle of a different manufacturer you can typically find a Remington 700 Mountain or CDl SF on gunbroker, one seems to pop up a couple of times a month. I have the CDL SF and it's a fantastic rifle.

I bought one 2 years ago, a Tikka T3 lite stainless in 260. I'm in Canada and have seen a few of them. The first ones out were 9 twist and then they changed to 8 twist just like the Sako. Mine is a 9 but shoots 140gr bullets with no problem.

Good luck in your search.

They definitely make them in the T3 lite and T3 varmint model in 260, they sell a lot downunder,if you do find one check out the bolt handle and shroud upgrade you can buy for them, a local Aussie guy is making . Hinterland Shooting Supplies

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.