Tikka in .260 Remington

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by johnp034, Aug 9, 2010.

1. johnp034

johnp034 Well-Known Member

Does Tikka offer any of their models in .260 Remington? Seems I read on there website in the specifications that they do, but then when you look up a specific rifle, there is none. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking for a full size .260, without going custom.

Thanks,

JohnP

2. ovastafford

ovastafford Well-Known Member

Awhile back I was looking for a .260 also and on tikka's website it shows that they offer it in both the tikka varmint and varmint supreme. Cant remember for sure though, I looked around for one and they seemed hard to find so you might have to order one. Good Luck!

3. Varminator 911

Varminator 911 Well-Known Member

Under technical data they show 260s in 8 or 9 twist depending on the model. I think the T3 Lite was an 8 twist.

4. johnp034

johnp034 Well-Known Member

Thats what I was after, was the T3 Lite, but haven't been able to locate one. I am in the retail gun business and none of our vendors are able to find one either.

Thanks for the info,

JohnP

5. fireroad

fireroad Well-Known Member

I've only seen 260 in the Sako 85 series, which as you know is a bit pricier then the Tikka. If you don't mind a used rifle of a different manufacturer you can typically find a Remington 700 Mountain or CDl SF on gunbroker, one seems to pop up a couple of times a month. I have the CDL SF and it's a fantastic rifle.

6. GRiNGo

GRiNGo Member

I bought one 2 years ago, a Tikka T3 lite stainless in 260. I'm in Canada and have seen a few of them. The first ones out were 9 twist and then they changed to 8 twist just like the Sako. Mine is a 9 but shoots 140gr bullets with no problem.

Good luck in your search.

7. 300R

300R Well-Known Member

They definitely make them in the T3 lite and T3 varmint model in 260, they sell a lot downunder,if you do find one check out the bolt handle and shroud upgrade you can buy for them, a local Aussie guy is making . Hinterland Shooting Supplies