tikka help

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Tikkamike, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Tikkamike

Tikkamike Well-Known Member

I have been throwing around the idea of getting a tikka t3 in 300 win. So today I was looking at them in the store and the magazine is very short 3.3 inches not nearly long enough for what I want to do the bullet would have to be seated wayyyy in the case. So I looked at the 300 wsm same thing because they put a block in there to shorten it up so I have the same problem. So I decided to try the wsm case in a magazine from the win mag and it fits its slightly different but I'm pretty sure I could make it feed nicely. Has anyone done this or any variation of supplimenting a magazine from one rifle to another tikka?? Thanks

2. Tikkamike

does anyone know if i can use a magazine from a tikka t3 in 300 win in a tikka t3 300 wsm? i want to do it so i can seat my bullets out further

3. kiwi3006

kiwi3006 Well-Known Member

I have heard of other people doing that. Seemed to work, you will probably need to alter the bolt stop though to match the new magazine length.

Stu

4. Tikkamike

Thanks for the reply stu