Tikka 270wsm to 300wsm

Just a thought. Im not sure if you know this or not but all tikkas are built on a long action, so you're not limited to short action calibers. For long range elk you could even switch it to a 338 win mag or something, all you would have to do is rebarrel and get the bigger mag. The ultras are to long for any of the mags that come from tikka and I am not sure if there is any aftermarket bottom metal for them, someone I thought said something about AI mag system? Just thought you would want to know.

Roedale precision and cdi both make bottom metals that use the AI mag system. So your saying i could shoot a 7mm ultra mag with just a rebarrel? Maybe a 7mm wsm

Last edited:
The action is a long action and the bolt face will work for 7 wsm, 7 rem mag, 7 stw, and 7 rum. Your limiting factor is the mag. if you can get a mag system from those companies than you can go with that. check out this link it has what you can use with your bolt face http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f37/bolt-face-diameters-36661

with the tikka mags I think as big and long as you can go is the 338. Hope this helps just wanted you to know all your options. I think you're ordering a menners stock for the tikka. I read somewhere you have to get new bottom metal anyway if you go the manners, not sure if this is true.
So with the right bottom metal I believe you could rechamber to a 338 edge, 338 RUM, 7 RUM theoretically. I dont know if they have those companies you posted make mag boxes that big for the tikka

You can shoot the 7WSM with just a rebarrel. The boltface and mags will work

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts