Tight Head Space ???

9ptbuk

My new 700 would scuff the back of the case till it had been shot approximately 10/15 times . Seems like when the Bolt face got the texture smoothed off it quit . Is the head space really this tight ? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20160219_114008944_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160219_114008944_HDR.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 78
My new 700 would scuff the back of the case till it had been shot approximately 10/15 times . Seems like when the Bolt face got the texture smoothed off it quit . Is the head space really this tight ? Thanks

nope, likely in spec.... are you getting a lot of case growth? A 25-06 should be a couple of thou. growth per firing.

Last edited:

Thanks Lefty, I'm trimming each case after its been fired and hardly any case stretch seen . It's a 25-06 and very accurate .

Im guessing that your actual bolt was tight on the case.How the bolt face interfaces with brass in base area. I had a 223 Rem like this and ultimately had to have a smith clearance it a bit .Which im sure worse than what your dealing with

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.