Tiger Stripes & the 6X6 @ 968 yds -Part 9

Great hunt Jim!
If Tiger Stripes is that nesika M with 34" of barrel and a NF 8x32 attached,its no wonder you have a backache /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My friend, that's one awesome hunt with some great shooting display. Thanks for sharing it. I'm truly glad for you!
Congratulations!

Jim C,

Well done ! I know it had to be great to put it all together . Please explain to me how do you " high five " yourself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Kinda like side stradle hops it would seem /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Betcha you were wishing Jesse ,Bryce and I were there for the finale .

Jim B.

Jimm

Many times as I tried to roll over that elk, gut it out and drag it down hill and then bone it, hual the head and meat downhill I thought of the great teamn work on the antelope.

I would never ever have made that shot if you had not been kind enough to invite me to go antelope hunting with you. All of the great shooting we did in Wyoming really paid off in Idaho. In case you don't remember, an elk is a whole lot bigger and easier to hit than those antelope we were shooting at.
Totally no wind at all to goof you up and the thing is the size of a barn.

Buffalo You did the Job! and a fine one at that might I add!
Congradulations! you did your home work and stayed after school and the studying paid off.
that sure sounds good (the oatmeal---------- Just kidding)
what a fine story and hunt thanks for sharing!

BB,

Awesome hunt, awesome bull, awesome shooting and an awesome story. Thanks for allowing us to share in your dream hunt through those great stories.

Congatulations on the hunt,
Dave

GG

The inserts on the picture of the shooting point merely point out the two big rocks that I had lugged over in case I had a high angle shot and list the equipment lying there.

On the scrub brush hillside I have circled the little clearing that the elk was in because it shows how very little room there was before the elk would disappear. The myriad of little arrows point to the switchback bulldozer trail that goes up the mountianside. The straight line distance of the shot was about 968 yds but the little bulldozer road was about four miles long to get to the elk. All of the animals, bears, deer and elk followed the little road regularly.

I need to used a different photo hosting site because Hunt101 has dropped the size to 500KB and my camera takes about 750KB pictures so I wind up cropping off about a third of each picture inorder to get it hosted.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts