Ticks in N.E. Pa.

jimbries, that Sawyer spray in the yellow bottle does work real good. Iv'e sprayed it on my hunting clothes and let them hang outside for a day and there is no scent on them. Also, that Sawyer spray does what it should, it keeps the ticks off.

yes it seems to work good . I can't say I've noticed any smell either . when the ticks were bad , I never had a tick after I started to use it . the guys that work for my local power company ( penelec ) turned me on to it .

Well then I will def. give that a wurl. Thanks for the info and input on it working. Lymes disease is no joke.

We had a bad round of ticks here in Juanita county as well. Every day I hunted I came out with at least two not to mention the ones I picked off while hunting. Thanks Waynard I never heard of Sawyer spray. I will have to check that out. A lot of the deer that were brought in to our taxidermy shop this years were polluted with ticks. I am sure there is a solution to get rid of this problem.

They have been very bad here in Fayette county the passed few years. I picked several off myself during squirrel and deer season this year. With the warm winter I am afraid they will be just as bad next year. Where can I find some of that sawyer spay?

They have been very bad here in Fayette county the passed few years. I picked several off myself during squirrel and deer season this year. With the warm winter I am afraid they will be just as bad next year. Where can I find some of that sawyer spay?

Picked up a bottle at uniontown Walmart yesterday. In the camping section.

Dicks, has a good supply of Sawyers tick spray, look for the yellow bottle in the camping dept.

Hi fellas, its 3/8/2016 been a real mild winter here in N.E. PA.. Getting ready for Trout season so I'm on my way to Dicks for some Sawyer tick spray. I won't go in the woods or by a stream without it this year!!.

The ticks are bad here in the western part of the state also. Find them on m e and the dogs every day. I have been turkey hunting the mid west for about 26 years, and ticks are the norm when hunting.

I used the sawyers brand for years, but the cost started me looking for other means.
I located a brand of the Permethrin, I bought it at the local TSC and it is called
Permethrin -10.

It comes in a 32 oz bottle. I mix it in a spray bottle w water to the ratio on 1 %. Not sure what the the mix ratio was though. Will have to look when I get home. But I have enough
to mix up 20 gal of the spray. And it was a fraction of the cost. I think I paid 10.00 for the 32oz bottle.

I will also attempt to locate the link on another hunting forum where I discovered the info.

The ticks are bad here in the western part of the state also. Find them on m e and the dogs every day. I have been turkey hunting the mid west for about 26 years, and ticks are the norm when hunting.

I used the sawyers brand for years, but the cost started me looking for other means.
I located a brand of the Permethrin, I bought it at the local TSC and it is called
Permethrin -10.

It comes in a 32 oz bottle. I mix it in a spray bottle w water to the ratio on 1 %. Not sure what the the mix ratio was though. Will have to look when I get home. But I have enough
to mix up 20 gal of the spray. And it was a fraction of the cost. I think I paid 10.00 for the 32oz bottle.

I will also attempt to locate the link on another hunting forum where I discovered the info.

thank you , full fan . I'll be trying this .

Hey Fullfan, thanks for the post, I'm always looking for a better deal. I'll check Tractor Supply, sounds like a better deal.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.