Three more weeks of furlough

Desert Fox

Three more weeks of furlough and these faithfull soldier will report for duty on the opening day. In the maintime, they're taking this last opportunity to bask under the summer sun. Will a newly draftee, the 308 take the glory from the old soldier, the 300 Win Mag? We shall soon find out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Picture025.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Picture027.jpg

Desert Fox, In 3 weeks you should have your rubber raft inflated so you can cross that mighty ocean. (using your faithful soldiers for oars) And scale those intimidating cliffs. With the element of suprise, victory will be yours. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Coyboy, the cliff is impregnable to attempt a direct amphibious assault. I will find an alternate route. If I'm not mistaken there's a step on the southside of those cliffs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

If not by sea, then by air? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Give us some specs on those rifles, details.

The rifle on the top left:

1. Blue printed Remington 700
2. Tubbs recoil lug
3. Marine Contour Pac-Nor Supermatch 3 grove 12 twist
4. Arnold Jewell trigger
5. HS Precision Detachable Magazine
6. HS Precision stock
7. Leupold Mark IV rings
8. Gruning Precision custom Base
9. Leupold Mark IV 16X LRT scope

Gunsmith: Jim Gruning of Gruning Precision
Finish: Teflon coated

Second rifle right and bottom:

Straight factory Winchester Model 70 Laredo LRH chambered for venerable 300 Winchester Magnum. The only thing I did to the rifle was adjusting the horrible 7lbs trigger. The rifle is a tack driver, averaging half inch, 5 shot at 100 yards. Killed two deer beyond 600 yards, which is about my limit, using this rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.