Thomson Centre Icon Rifle ..... opinions please

scotsgun

Guys,

Thompson Centre Icon Rifle. Picked one up in the dealers shop yesterday. Seems a nice rifle but a little worried about the rigidity of the wooden stock and that being new here, there are no long time owners to ask.

Who has/had one and what do you think of it? I'm especially interested in its accuracy potential, quality of build, robustness, etc.

Thanks

I have a 300 win mag in the stainless synthetic and it is a real shooter, I needed a fill in gun for an Elk Hunt and was going to sell it once it is done, but now i wouldn't trade it for nothing, it shoots 1/2 Moa and has great construction. You will not be disapointed

I have the stainless/synthetic in .243 Win and am very happy with it. Three shot groups run in the 2's and 3's while 5 shot groups are usually just over .5 inch. Good trigger, solid build and a novel safety that locks the bolt down when on-safe. The integral bases are nice too. Overall, they are excellent rifles, in my opinion.

triggerpress

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.