Thompson Stainless Fluted Pro-Hunter 30/06 Pistol Barrel

Discussion in 'Gun Parts - Stocks, Barrels, Actions, etc.' started by ghay, Mar 16, 2013.

1. ghay

ghay Well-Known Member

I have a one year old, very lightly used Pro-Hunter Barrel for sale. It has maybe 35 rounds through it and one deer to it's credit. Amazingly accurate with acceptable recoil. I no longer have any use for a pistol barrel so someone will get a great barrel for $215 plus shipping.
    Please contact me at:
    ghay@hopechurch.net

2. ghay

ghay Well-Known Member

TTT

3. ghay

ghay Well-Known Member

Shoot me an offer guys, you'll be surprised at how accurate this barrel is with your Pro-hunter rifle or muzzleloader frame. Great for hog hunting or anything in close quarters.
    Rattling up a buck in the brush or even a tree stand in the woods. But out to 200 yards you'll have little trouble putting rounds on target.

4. ghay

ghay Well-Known Member

TTT

5. Blades356mm

Blades356mm Member

How long is the barrel? 10" 14"?
    FYI you can't 'legally' put a pistol barrel on a rifle frame. The shortest barrel on a rifle is 16". Now will the ATF come break down your door for a a single shot..?? Possibly but not that likely.

6. ghay

ghay Well-Known Member

These barrels are obviously called pistol barrels and are 15 " long Thompson sells identical actions with some designated pistol and some rifle. I suppose there may be a serial # identifier or something. Everything they sell for these models ( Pro-hunter and Encore ) is interchangeable. Use the pistol grip with the 15" barrel as you are supposed to and even the most zealous ATF agent will find someone else to bother.