Thompson Center Pistols

Do not forget to look at the .284 bullet selection before you buy a .30. I like both of them. Neither of them are bad...

Thanks for the suggestion. I will take a look at the 284's. I know that the 6.5/284 is a hot item amoung the 1000 yard shooters. I have a wild cat, custom built, 6.5-06 Ackley Improved that I shoot at 1000 + yards and it is extremely accurate. I would like a little heavier caliber for hunting. I am 63 and getting a bit old to be chasing deer down over a mountain side. My choice for a hunting rifle is my Marlin Guide Gun in 45/70. My side arm is either my Tauras 454 or my Tauras 44. The 454 is a little harder to pack, with the longer 8 1/2" barrel, but far more accurate than the 6 1/2" 44. For long range deer I use, now don't laugh, a WWII Yugoslavian Mauser in 8mm. When glassed up it will print a Noslier 180 gr. Bullistic tip inside of 4" at 450 yards. For long range Elk I have a custom built wild cat in 375/300.

Back in about 1980 i wandered out too watch an IHMSA match and that was the end of life as i knew it. I no longer compete in IHMSA, but i now have 7 TC frames.......60 some barrels.......4 Dan Wessons including a IHMSA 445 Supermag with a very very low serial# and 2 XP 100's. I've used my TC too shoot many deer and even a moose while living up in the wonderful state of Maine. It looks like i get too dust off my 45-70 barrel once again and take a buffalo next summer with it. I can't wait. I used too love going too the TC factory too have a gun tuned up or worked on while I waited. The ppl at TC were the most accomodating factory service i've ever seen. I miss those golden days of yesteryear. Yes.......IHMSA was the greatest thing going for handguns back in Elgin Gate's day......he did more for handgunning than anyone who has ever lived i believe.

Back in about 1980 i wandered out too watch an IHMSA match and that was the end of life as i knew it. .

I know that feeling but about 8 years ago. I've heard lots of stories about what it was like back then. At my club we have a bunch of shooters that have been at it for a while.
If you ever get to WI let me know and you can shoot a match on me, I'm the match director ;-))

I know that feeling but about 8 years ago. I've heard lots of stories about what it was like back then. At my club we have a bunch of shooters that have been at it for a while.
If you ever get to WI let me know and you can shoot a match on me, I'm the match director ;-))

I'd like too thank you for your wonderful offer and if I ever was too come too Wis......I'd surely take you up on that offer. I haven't shot Sil since the late 80's. I have boxes of plaques that are some of my most prized posessions. Back in the day.....i shot 3 matches a month and a min of 4 classes. Alot of us old guys were diehards back in the day. Things just weren't the same after we lost Elgin. What he did for the sport is why it grew like it did. Without him.......we were lost with too many different factions trying too go in too many different directions. I think IHMSA forgot the true intent of the original "Production Gun Rule". Anyways.......just know those years were some of my fondest memories of all times. Happy Shooting and even Happier Holidays my friend.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.