Thompson center icon issues

Yes they were. The problem is you need more than a couple shot's to get a zero. It already has an aluminum bedding block. I really love the rifle but can't put up with the issues. I think I will sell it and probably by an ltr for the woods.

Did you try TC customer service, call them see what they have to say, maybe they can fix it

Re: Thompson center icon issues - flimsy plastic box magazine on magnum models

I have an Icon in .300 Win Mag.
When I bought my gun the magnum models came with a fixed internal box magazine instead of a removable magazine assembly (the removable magazine option was available only in the standard chamberings).
My hand loads for the Icon run just off the rifling and the COAL is 3.55" (Sierra 180 grain Pro-Hunter bullet) which is over the 3.34" MOAL SAAMI specs.
The cartridges appeared to fit comfortably in the integral box magazine but after a few shots the paper thin, flimsy plastic front of the magazine broke into pieces and fell out of the gun.
In contrast my Ruger M77 Mark II has an integral magazine made of solid steel as it should be and Ruger is purportedly the cheap, economy gun.
Go figure.

sounds to me like the scope may be the direction to pursue. a fouled barrel causes larger groups not fliers "usually". I'd be curious to find out.

treeman

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts