This site is slow!

6mm

Is there a setting on my pc I need to change or something? The pages on this site load so slow anymore. I didn't use to have this issue. I have a patience problem and get discouraged. Does everyone else experience this?

6mm,
I experience the same thing. Very slow to bring up the pages, and at times it locks up and never does come on screen. There are many times when it takes so long, I just give up and go over to Snipershide or somewhere else. I do not experience this with anyother website I visit. Could it be related to all the adds on this site ? This used to be my favorite site, but has gotten more difficult to visit here. I had my hard drive cleaned up about a month ago,so I don't think it is on my end, but the problem has been going on for longer than just the last month.

If you're running Firefox or Google Chrome they will hang at times when loading pages on LRH. If you stop the page from loading and then click reload it will generally load correctly and quickly. It seems that loading the advertisements are the problem. In Google at the bottom when loading a page it will state what the browser is waiting on and it's usually one of the advertisements. If this does not help then I would suggest optimizing your computer.

I have no experience with Internet Explorer.

Check your CPU usage in your system tools. Alot of software now a days has the ability to look for updates and when checking it slows your bus speeds down. The more applications running(you might not even know they are) the slower it will be. I asked my brother(masters software engineer) about mine being slow and locking up and he rec. disk cleanup, defrag. and run your antivirus often. Nine times out of ten he told me it is something on your internet providers end.

Brent

I've mentioned this several times. I'm running a dual core machine at 3.2 ghz with 6gb of ram and a cable connection with a fresh copy of xp and 2 different browsers and it doesn't seem to matter. I think it's all the adds loading that slows it down.

Sorry for your problems, guys.

the ads load completely FIRST

That really sounds like a browser issue. The ads should always load last, regardless of overall surfing speed.

I visit this site from multiple locations. I use firefox and never seem to have any major issues. Once in a while I do get a slow page load (probably my issue unrelated to the site) and when I do the ads seem to show up 1st.

I have the same problem...the site is slow and has unfortunately led to me visting less. I have the problem both at home and at work, with IE and Firefox. Both coneections are cable hi-speed. The ads load first for me too, regardless of computer or browser.

Len,
The ads load first on my computer at home, and at my office.
I run cleaning software on a regular basis. Much more than that I wouldn't know what to do. I am not going to download a bunch more software. I am not a computer guy, just a ditch digger. Hopefully, it won't get to much more difficult to visit this site, as I enjoy visiting.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.