This reporter could make a box of kittens sound sinister.

dprewett

msnbc story

"Authorities also discovered a machine in the garage that was used to load the gunpowder into empty casings. The practice known as "reloading" is common and not illegal because ammunition is often expensive, ATF spokeswoman Susan Raichel said."

And she is the spokeswoman for the ATF????making comments like that. "That's not the reason why we're reloading" ignorant B^#%*.

Ammo "Exploding" in a fire is not dangerous. Bullet will just lay next to the case. Gotta be in a gun to do its thing!

I wonder what other evil-sounding instruments we all have and don't realize it.
"A liquid centrifuge, used for precise mixing of ingredients, was found in the ashes. Sometimes referred to as a "blender", these devices have been used by the gun culture for preparing "daiquiris" an alcohol laced concoction." said BATF spokesman Harvey Wallbanger.

[ QUOTE ]
Ammo "Exploding" in a fire is not dangerous. Bullet will just lay next to the case. Gotta be in a gun to do its thing!

[/ QUOTE ]

Throw a box of 22rf's in a fire, stand next to it and tell me what happens.

it wont kill you like in the movies, the sides of the brass cases take far less energy to pop than it takes to push the bullet out.

My dad scared the heck outof me when I was a kid by throwing 22s in the fire. But as Biff said; a little puff/pop and some ash gets thrown around. Since them I have put some 22wcf in a fire with the bullets against a flat rock. After they popped we siffted the bullets out of the ashes and they weren't even deformed. It's still hadr to get over the idea though.

Another thought...that was all with brass cases...I wonder if it would be different with the nickle casses like "Stingers" have?

I have acctually had them hit me when it was done to me. The case flew off of the head as it is lighter that the bullet.

7 TH grade girl put in the hospital here from a .22 LR case lodging in her head after a kid threw a handful of ammo on the playground /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Not so cool....

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.