This is why I shoot Berger bullets

Do your groups open up on the small calibers as well or only your big guns. That is some impressive shooting. The reason i ask is my goal is to shoot to 1000yds, right now i i use a free grip style so my gun jumps each time on the bipod. My 100 yds groups are between 3/8 and 1/2 so dont know how it will affect groups at 1000yds. Im impressed that you take the time to label and paste your shoots. I also am using berger vlds

That load may be still half-moa accurate @ 1000 yards, only way to find out it to shoot it with the right scope.

I use a plain stock 243 win. shooting 95vld @ 2962fps that gets about 7/8" groups @ 100 yards. This load consistently hits the 12" steel target @ 1000 yards.

I have heard that its common for the VLDs to get better MOA accuracy at extended range than closer range.

COOL PICS!

WOW Thats amazing.
I am just now going to start working up a load for my 300 WSM in a HS precicion pro 2000 light weight to hunt at my cabin in Idaho. (salmonhe area)
The berger shot all over the placr for me at anything over 300 but I would like to try again by reloading. I had tried a box of HSM over the counter and was told by the great people at HS that the bullet was more than likely too long to get the proper fit for my rifle. Is anyone familiar with the new hybrid berger bullet and do you think it would possibly work if I were loading it myself?
Thanks for your input.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.