This is a ripoff.

kc

I bought a FORD EXPLODER. a warentee company that knew we own a FORD sent up some info and asked us if they could represent us as a customer, so we we extended our warentee. first thing is, the Blem door..It lets in air into the heater. (no heat)$700.00
never had a recall. every body has been having the same problem.Seconed thing is the timing chain breaks(nylon geers) and the motor blows the valves will hit the top of the piston.

Both are not coverd..Do you change your own oil? I do, I went from Penzoil to Mobil one detergent. the sludg that built up plugged up the filter. the ideot light never went on and burned up the motor. The company who was recomended to has been used Ford and all major brands recomends
let me down. There was sludge under my valve cover.
Not enough proof you ever changed your oil. Boys let me tell you this dealer in Fenton Mi
is on the war path. The first thing they told the inspector was, they were sending a notice to all dealers that you are a fraud and do not up hold your part as a warentee companee.
I think they are sending out another inspector.
CARSAFE...

Keith, while it's a bit off topic on a hunting forum, never switch from a fossil based oil to a synthetic or semi synthetic based motor oil in midstream. Thats asking for issues. Stick with the recommended viscosity and API designation the manufacturer recommends...always. Brands mean nothing but the API grade and weight designation does.

The reason your 'idiot' light never came on was the oil pressure sensor sensed oil pressure, which you had, You had no lubrication flow because the oil passages were clogged, like clogged arteries in a human and your engine had a heart attack....

It's like anti-freeze. If your vehicle came with synthetic AF and you switch to ethylene glycol AF, your cooling system sludges up and your motor burns up. The temperature gage reads normal and the 'idiot' light never comes on because the sensor senses normal operating temperature, which it is. Problem is, because the cooling system is gunked up, it has no flow and no flow means another heart attack.....

Most engines today either have a belt driven camshaft arrangement or nylon gears, thats pretty commonplace manufacturing. Belts have to be replaced about every 50K and lubrication issues are hell on any timing arrangement thats internal. Today, most engines are whats termed 'interference fit'. What that means is when the valve timing is lost due to a mechanical or electronic malfunction, the valves hit the top of the pistons doing catastrophic damage to the engine.... and your wallet.

We are a Ford family, I drive a Chevy. No biggie. They are all the same and it's all about regularly scheduled maintenance and using the recommended fluids.

I sympathize with you but I'd never purchase any extended warranty unless it was a factory warranty and even thats iffy.

They are all the same.....lol

Vehicles, no matter who makes them are complex systems working together. Sometimes, things don't work properly.

All automakers want to procure components are the lowest possible cost and sell the end product at the highest possible cost. So poop happens.

Rifle manufacturers (unless hand made one at a time in a non production atmosphere), have the same issues and operate under the same principles.

Problem is, as consumers, the majority of us can't afford a hand made non production vehicle not that a production vehicle is cheap.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.