Thinking about 6.5 Stw

Too much powder for what you'd gain and loose in arrel life...that's a mouthful for the .264 diameter...you would be just as happy with a 6.5/06 and it would be cheaper and last longer..

Too much powder for what you'd gain and loose in arrel life...that's a mouthful for the .264 diameter...you would be just as happy with a 6.5/06 and it would be cheaper and last longer..

Sorry to be so blunt, but this is one of the most ludicrous posts I ever read. Someone who wants a hotrod is not going to be satisfied with a family sedan. It's the same thing with a guy and a hotshot caliber.

I have a .243 STW, .257 RUM, and a 6.5 RUM. They all shoot great. I have had the 6.5 RUM the longest and probably have about 200-250 rounds down the tube and so far no troble. Its a great long range deer round. I have shot some 120gr. BTs at 1000 yards with great accuracy. In the 6.5 RUM I use WC 872 and Fed. 215M primers.

They are all fun to shoot and super flat. If they don't last too long, thats ok with me as long as they don't quit making barrels.

morning, if I was to build another rifle-caliber would b
the .264AI mag. good brass, caliber. proven by any.
OR a 270x6.5 wbee. 30"SS Hart, #6 contour, rem. action.
I have 2-257-1-7mm-1-340wbees. 243AI, 6MMAI, 257STW,
6.5mag, 22-250AI, 223AI and various others.
justme gbot tum

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.