Think I'm gettin the hang of this

Ridge Runner

Starting to figure this stuff out
100_1183.jpg

Not much of a story, was a lil hesitant to try the shot since GG told me the scenars wouldn't expand, but after working my off time and rechecking my charts, my confidance was running high.
deer was hard quartering away POI was front edge of left ham, the scenar made a mess of the lungs and didn't exit, I try to recover the bullet during cleanup.
Anyway spotted the bedded doe, after ranging I gave the mark 4 10.5 MOA of up, and 1 moa left windage, touched the trigger and bang/flop
RR

Great shooting, Good story, short and too the point.

What's the caliber? Looks like 6.5 Gibbs written on the sign in the photo, but I'm not sure so I thought I'd ask?

Great job. Now that the first one is out of the way the others won't be as hard except for the wind and weather and nerves (LOL). ooops. Anyway great story and thanks.

IIRC, 781 yards is an improvement of about 200 yards over last year. Plus it is a real challenge to find such a shot in the first place.

spotted the bedded doe,

What kind of glassware were you using?

at the time a pair of carl zeiss jenna 7x40 EDF's, she was laying against the side of a grassy knoll, head up saw the ears and took a peek with the mark 4.
RR

I recovered the scenar

and GG as always was right on, poorest performance I ever saw.
The POI was top edge of the left ham, It hit the hambone just under the hip ball jointthere I found the frontal tip of the bullet, from just about where the ogive starts forward, just broke off.
Under the hide at the top edje of the right shoulder, just beside the spine was the core and the rest of the jacket, they both appeared to have been subject to some penetration but they were side by side, the three fragments combined weight was 99 gr. definately not a med game bullet in any sense.
RR

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.